President’s Report – 2022 AGM
I would like to thank the members of the 2020/2021 Committee for their contribution, and for agreeing to stand again in 2022/2023:
President: Pauline Murphy
Vice President: Fenella Briscomb
Secretary: Fenella Briscomb
Treasurer: John Conway
Committee Members: Charlotte Blesing, Marlene Howes, Anna Strek and Janette Lovell
Consultant VMO: Dr, Derek Bell
Public Officer: Fenella Briscomb
- The VMO situation is currently stable – Dr. Bell will update us later in the meeting, and I would like to thank him for his continued support.
- Thanks to Kevin Doye for his Getup petition which currently has 3,983 signatures and was integral to publicising the threat to Emergency Department cut backs.
- Also, thanks to Dr. Andrew Heslop for his excellent article in the Coffs Coast paper which really got things moving.
- Gardening – the gardening group continue maintenance of the hospital gardens – with their physical presence at our hospital reminding senior executives and staff that the community remains vigilant and committed. Fenella to report on this later
- Barbara’s Garden dedication – a morning tea was held to commemorate the installation of a plaque dedicated to Barbara Moore, which is being fastidiously cared for by the gardening group.
Note: Photos and information can be found by following this link: Barbara’s Garden Dedication
- Fundraising – I would like to thank the businesses around Bellingen and Urunga for allowing our tins, which have raised an excellent amount over the years. Also the Randall Family of Bellingen Cellars for their continued support. The total amount of funds raised from tins and donations for FY2022 was $1,880.45.
- Meetings with MNCLHD – BHAG will continue to meet with the MNCLH to discuss various hospital issues – for example incorrect capital investment figures being quoted which included the community’s contributions as part of their claimed investment figures.
If a critical situation were to occur such as a loss of services or a change in the delivery of core services that one would expect at a local public hospital we would immediately act and confidently call upon our amazing community to rally to the cause.
On behalf of the incoming committee, I would like to say ‘Thank You’ to the amazing community for your on-going support. Your generous donations and acknowledgment of the committee’s work encourages us to continue in what may appear to be a stable and safe situation – though we remain the ever-vigilant sceptic. We continue to represent your voice at all levels of Government and at the senior level of management of the Mid North Coast Local Health District and locally at Bellingen Hospital.
Please contact us if you have any concerns about the service or future of
our Bellingen Hospital as we are your voice – loud and clear.
Pauline Murphy – President
BHAG 2022 AGM – Presidents Report
BHAG 2022 Balance Sheet
BHAG 2022 Profit & Loss
MINUTES OF BHAG AGM 25 July 2022